Friday 16 September 2011

Second Life Groups Crits

 Zenglin, Yuan:

I liked the way that you incorporated ideas form your presidents building as well as previous projects. It was good to see that you made use of the surrounding buildings, by connecting yours to the existing structure in Second Life. It would have been good to see the structure in relation to the real life site and see if it is connected to the existing building in real life as well as in Second Life. I liked how you played with textures on the building. 


Kung, Grace Yi:

I liked your structure however unfinished due to the lack of prims, I think you were able to express your idea well. I liked the use of scripts and the idea of making the structure expand and contract using scripts. It was good that you payed attention to the site and made sure that it was placed in relation to its real life site. I think it would help to see the structure placed in the real life surroundings for example by using photoshop. This would really enhance your project and make the scheme realistic. 

Chen, Xinran 

I liked the idea of creating a performing arts studio. I commend the way that you thought about the interior spaces, making spaces that had specific uses and was realistic, in terms of having facilities for offices, toilets and showers as well as thinking about accessibility for the disabled. 
On the other hand I think you could have payed more attention to the form of the structure. I think it would have been good to choose say choose a specific art form for example dance and develop a certain aspect that interests you for example ballet and what that type of dancing suggests eg gracefulness, technique, skill. And using an idea to influence the structure. I think by doing this you would be able to work with what really interests you about the performing arts and develop it into a unique form. Possibly developing the ideas from the previous project where you worked with lighting, as I thought it was a strong idea. I think you did a good job and presenting it in sketch up was a good comprise for the lack of prims on Second Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment