Wednesday 24 August 2011

Gathering

For the gathering project i am incorporating idea from my past two projects as well as ideas from the precedent study allocated to me, which is the Eden Project, by Nicholas Grimshaw in Cornwall, England.

For the project on sustenance I chose to look at water as it is vital to humans, over all other things. We had to make our market stalls easy to assemble/ disassemble, therefore I created a locking system for the joints of the structure, as shown below. I want to use a similar system in my new design for the assembly of the building.  I also looked at the journey of water which I have used to influence the layout of my drawings on the a1 sheet.



The Eden Project has a similar appearance of construction with many modular pieces interconnected to create this unique structure. I am to use these ideas to influence the design of my building.







No comments:

Post a Comment