Saturday 6 August 2011

Laser Cutting Groups Crits

Shan, Yucong 

For this project I think the idea about the panels being used to filter light is interesting. However I feel this could have been further developed for enhance the project. Using the laser cutting more effectively for example by creating more panels or exploring patterns that could be made, would really change the effects that the light has as it enters structure. This would give you ways to continue developing the structure. I like the shape and I think it would be interesting to experience the waking up process inside this structure to see what the effects of the light would be. 

Jiang, Yiheng 

I really liked your project I thought it was really intriguing and interesting. I liked the way you played attention to detail by creating the individual spaces and looking at how we would gain access to these areas. I liked the use of perspex, I thought it was a effective way to portray your ideas about lighting. The neon effect that was created by the perplex was really strong and made it appealing. It was obvious that you had a good investigation process, developing the idea of construction and transforming space. 

Feng, Ying Yang

I think the exploration of light was interesting. The way you explored using the different colours and the effect that made was intriguing. I think you could have developed further by exploring different ways the light could be created and the effect on the surrounding area that the light was filling. Focusing on the specific idea about pop-art could have helped along the design process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment